yikes!
how do we know we're growing up?
- no jeans at work
- discussing benefits
- moving with only the help of my roommate, no parents
- my mom telling me i love you when we get off the phone
- no longer living in atx because i'm a student, but because it's my home
- owning my own pet, and taking him to the vet myself
- getting a car...under my name
- going on vacation, and not having to ask for permission or tell anyone
- being able to choose the job you want, and not accepting anything that comes your way
- friends getting married
- friends having babies
I'm sure there are more, but that's what comes to mind.
What got me really thinking this was during my roadtrip to Giddings. Karla and I were speaking about the people we work with. So many of them are having affairs and cheating on their spouses. Actually, none of them are cheating on their spouses, they are the "other woman" in the relationship. I guess in some ways they think it's not as bad. One lady is in her 50's, one in her 40's, and and one our age. Yikes. I can only imagine how many people would be wearing the scarlet letter while walking down the streets I mean cheating used to mean you kissed or held someone else's hand. Now it's all about having sex with with someone other than your husband or wife. Marriage is crazy.
So naturally we got on to the topic of marriage. Karla suggested marriage would only work if the two lived in separate homes, ha ha ha. Also, she suggested just not getting married. Who needs the title anyways? Common law baby! She also said she's all about pleasing her man. Because if you make sure to please your man (sexually) then he will have no reason to cheat on you. It's important to always be aware of what he likes. That's probably true though... I told her I think it's also important not to always be with your mate. If you're always together, you never have time to miss them. So working all day and only seeing each other at night is probably a good thing. My dad has been a truck driver all of my life and he was usually gone all week, so we would only see him on the weekends. Maybe that's what kept my parent's marriage together? Who knows. But sometimes a marriage between two people truly ends up working. And only they know how.
This is growing up.
1 comments:
you are so true with that list! i've been noticing those same things myself...
Post a Comment