Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Blast From the Past

I actually never really saw that movie. Nor did I ever want to.

So a certain lad by the name of Amine called me.

Some of you may remember him as my Moroccan Hottie. Most of you will remember him as the skinny guy who worked at Treasure Island and got me a lot of free drinks.

While my phone was ringing, I looked at it for a few seconds and then finally decided to answer it. I wondered how many people had done that to my telephone calls. It's been a few good months since I last ran into him downtown. It had been longer than that since I last spoke with him on the phone, as he once called to tell me it was his birthday and invited me to celebrate. I was going out of town that weekend, so I couldn't... I answered when he called, of course, because I'm not mean enough to reject phone calls. On the phone Amine was super sweet and happy, as usual. Really excited to talk to me, and going 1,000 miles per hour. A bit nervous, it seemed, as he discussed his new job and his new ride. Before hanging up he told me to call him sometime, if I ever wanted. He also stated that if I had erased his phone number, this was it once again. And he wished me a happy belated Valentine's Day. Such a nice boy.

What most of you won't remember him as is the fellow who tied with another fellow as the worst kissers in the history of mankind. Yikes. If the kisses suck, chances are elsewhere will also suck...if you catch my drift. Anyway, he was also the guy who became super jealous when we had only been talking for what had to have been less than 3 weeks. Red flag. However, he was the guy who told me that although he sees tons of girls every night, I'm the most beautiful one he's ever laid his eyes upon. To which I had to ask, Do you need a new eye doctor? Just kidding. He was really nice I suppose. And always so positive, that's a first. I also remember him as the guy who accidentally exposed that he had had two one-night stands. You gotta love that language barrier. He was quite honest though, that's always good. Also, he would always called when he said he would, and he would always meet me when he said he would. That was probably the best part of whatever we had going on. Well, actually, the deer that lived in his backyard were the best part of whatever we had going on. Sad, I know. So besides all the bad things I just mentioned about him, and the fact that skinny guys aren't my style...aaaaaaaaaaand that he once eerily bought me a dozen roses and left them on my doorstep after knowing me for only two weeks...he was perfect. Ha ha.

Anyways, just thought I'd be nostalgic and discuss the Moroccan Hottie once again. Mainly because I thought Leslie would be surprised to hear he called. And because I'm a total bitch and once saw him stranded at his job with his car hood open, but didn't stop to help.

In other news, although I've taken so many steps forward in the right direction, I fear that I'm taking a million steps back the wrong way...

1 comments:

Lemon said...

Damn...I never knew he was a bad kisser. But you're right, I'm intrigued...