Thursday, September 14, 2006

I wish I was special

As of late I've been feeling especially depressed. Maybe it's because my back is in pain and for the past 4 nights I've spent my evenings alone watching TV. Or maybe it's because I wear too much black to work. Or maybe it's because I get home after work, lay in bed, and play depressing music on the radio and cry myself to sleep. Hmm, which could it be? Let's just say the answer is D.) All of the above.

Instead of being the depressed mofo that I probably want to be right now, I'll discuss a rather important problem I see facing the state agency for which I work.

Every Monday through Friday I come and work my 8 hours. It's fun. For the most part. You know, sitting here at work writing blogs, shopping online, and getting addicted to websites such as grouphug.us. HOWEVER, there are times when I walk around the building. For example, I ride the elevators up and down to get to my floor and the parking garage. Also, I visit the cafeteria sometimes for lunch. During these "walks" as I will call them, I never see an attractive male state employee. None. Honestly, this is an important factor in my life. Without the beauty of the male species how am I to live? And work? And do a good job at work? I need my eye candy! Damnit! If I were in charge of Human Resources, things would certainly change around here!

Oh well. No point in complaining now. Tomorrow's my last day here anyway. Hopefully this won't be an issue at my new job. Otherwise, how am I ever supposed to meet my mate and get married? Get married and have kids? Have kids and have them turn out to hate their parents? HOW? Anyone? Anyone? I guess my preference will have to adapt to my surroundings. Old, balding men with big ol' bellies are all I see. Come to mama.

3 comments:

Yes to the Ezzie said...

HA HA HA HA HA. A dating service?!?! I can get my own dates thank you very much! I am just not very receptive to meeting people downtown in bars. Boo!

Lemon said...

Just wanting to cheer you up girlie...be very excited about your visit in October! It will be great!

Anonymous said...

The need for eye candy in the workplace is a problem endured by countless women who as yet lack an avenue for dialogue regarding this grave issue. I feel you, Yessie. I suggest an inmate pen pal program.